22 April . 2019
Should I move? 8 signs it may be time to start looking
Sometimes we all get the feeling we’d like a change of scenery, but how do you know when it’s really time to move? Here are 8 signs that your feeling is not just restlessness or a whim – and that it really might be time to make a move to a new home and community.
1. You need more space. You can change a lot of things about your current home, but it’s not so easy to change the size. Even if you own your home and could theoretically add on, it’s expensive. Adding a new master suite to your home can cost between $21,500 and $63,100 in 2019, according to HomeAdvisor. At Sweetwater, you can find a brand-new home ranging from about 1,700 square feet to more than 4,000 square feet and up, at prices from the low $300,000s to more than $1 million by some of the leading homebuilders in Austin and the nation.
2. You want an upgrade. If you love your existing home and neighborhood, renovating can be a good option. The cons include having to live in the home through the renovation, going over budget, and possibly not being able to recoup the costs of renovation, should you decide to sell. Today’s new homes offer many advantages over used homes. This is especially when it comes to the latest technologies for home automation and energy efficiency, which can be difficult or impossible to retrofit into existing homes.
3. A new job opportunity. If you have an exciting new job opportunity in a different city, then moving is a must. Even if your new job is in the same city, a smart move can give you a new lifestyle and a less stressful commute. Sweetwater’s great location along Highway 71, just about five miles west of RR 620 in Bee Cave, offers great access to many parts of the Austin region.
4. Suburban life is starting to sound appealing. There’s a time in our lives when living in the middle of the city is exciting and energizing. At some point, the suburbs can start calling out to us, with their promise of a less stressful, greener lifestyle. There are many advantages of suburban living, from getting more home for your money, to being able to spread out in a big backyard. See five reasons why suburban life beats city living for many.
5. Something’s missing. At Sweetwater, many new residents tell us they felt like something was missing from their old neighborhoods. They didn’t know their neighbors. The amenities consisted only of a small playground or a rarely used swimming pool. There weren’t many playmates for their kids. See some of the lifestyle events that bring Sweetwater residents together throughout the year.
6. You’re stressed. Austin is one of the least stressed and most active cities in Texas. If you want to lower your stress even more, and amp up your lifestyle, consider a nature-focused community like Sweetwater. We devote more than 700 acres, or about half of our overall master plan, to parks, trails and natural open space, preserving some of the most beautiful Hill Country scenery in the Austin area.
7. Nature is calling. If you would love to spend more time enjoying all the parks and other natural treasures surrounding the Austin area, without having to fight traffic through the metro area just to get started, Sweetwater’s location makes it easy to get away to the Hill Country any time you’d like.
8. You want better schools for the kids. For many homebuyers, the desire for better schools can trigger a decision to move. Learn more about the highly regarded Lake Travis ISD schools serving Sweetwater. Even if you don’t have kids yet, research has shown a strong connection between school districts and property values.
If any of these signs make you feel like it’s really time to move, explore all new homes available in Sweetwater with our interactive Homefinder.
Previous PostSummer Camp registration now open for Lake Travis ISD
Older PostFun things to do from Sweetwater’s community partners
Want More Information?
- 2019 (64)
- 2018 (120)
- 2017 (62)
- 2016 (34)
- 2015 (21)
- 2014 (17)
- 2013 (11)
- 2012 (18)