01 June . 2017
From Trails to Cocktails, the Top 6 Reasons You’ll Love Living in Sweetwater
Close to both Austin and the Hill Country, Sweetwater offers many reasons why you’ll never want to leave the community once you discover your new Austin home here. Our community has many attractions including green-built houses that have floor plans that let you live the way you want. Sweetwater devotes roughly half of its 1,400 acres to parks, trails and natural open space, creating many opportunities to enjoy nature and neighbors amid a stunning Hill Country backdrop of canyons, hilltop summits, creeks and seasonal waterfalls.
Our current residents have many sweet reasons to live here and we've chosen the Top 6 reasons you’ll love living in Sweetwater.
- Sweetwater Club. At the top of nearly every resident's list is our flagship amenity, the Sweetwater Club. A Hill Country haven, the 10-acre Sweetwater Club offers year ‘round fun and activities for residents, both indoors and out. One of the nation’s “stand-out” pools, with inspiring views of the surrounding hills, the Sweetwater Club’s resort-style pool was recently chosen by BUILDER magazine as one of 17 “stand-out” community pools across the U.S. Like three pools in one, Sweetwater’s pool has a gently sloping beach-entry pool that’s welcoming for residents of all ages, plus a lap pool with regulation lanes. There’s also a quiet pool beneath a waterfall, complete with a tanning shelf and seating coves. For more active play in the water, the splash pad has bubbling fountains to run through, spray hoops to jump through, and fun water cannons for practicing your aim.
And out of the water, we have sports, events and tail wagging. The Sweetwater Club’s sprawling clubhouse is where residents gather to celebrate everything from Teen Night to the annual Community Potluck in November. With its fireplace, ceiling fans and outdoor furniture, the big covered porch is a great place to hang out with friends and family during any season. There are many more activities to enjoy at the Sweetwater Club. The athletic fields host soccer, baseball and other sports for youth and adult leagues, as well as special camps and impromptu games. The sport court is a popular place for games of pickup basketball, and our littlest residents love the playground. With its hillside amphitheater, the event lawn is where residents gather to enjoy concerts and other events all year long.
- Fitness Center. Technically part of the Sweetwater Club, we give this new freestanding fitness center its own shout-out as the community’s newest amenity. Opening in 2017, this fitness center will feature state-of-the-art machines for strength and cardio training, plus an outdoor deck with inspiring views for group fitness classes such as yoga.
- Limestone Falls Trail. A highlight of Sweetwater’s 10-mile trail system, this one-mile, moderately rated trail leads to Limestone Falls, a natural waterfall and pond with crystal-clear water. It’s one of many scenic secrets you’ll find throughout Sweetwater. Another trail system standout: our 800-year-old Texas Madrone tree.
- Canyon Trail. Rated Difficult, this one-mile trail traverses through some of Sweetwater’s steepest and most rugged canyons, rewarding resident hikers with breathtaking vistas of the surrounding Hill Country. Sweetwater’s trail system includes 5 trails so far, with more to come. With ratings from Low to Difficult, they offer residents of all ages and abilities the chance to connect with nature, without ever leaving the community.
- Sunset Pavilion. With sweeping west-facing views of the surrounding Hill Country, the Sunset Pavilion is the perfect spot to grab one of the comfortable chairs and enjoy the setting sun. It’s also a relaxing spot to just sit and relax any time of the day.
- Lifestyle Director. Sweetwater has its own Lifestyle Director, who plans year ‘round events and activities for residents of all ages. From family friendly events like the annual Wildflower Festival and Easter Egg-stravaganza, to adult Happy Hours at the Sweetwater Club, there’s always something to get excited about.
Sweetwater Living Is the Sweetest
A growing number of newcomers and longtime Austin residents alike are discovering Sweetwater, which combines the convenience of an Austin address with Hill Country beauty and highly regarded Lake Travis Independent School District schools. Sweetwater is conveniently located along U.S. Highway 71, just 5 miles west of R.R. 620 and Bee Cave. Sweetwater’s location puts you in close proximity to shopping, dining and entertainment at the Hill Country Galleria and other nearby retail centers. Residents are also close to first-class healthcare at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Lakeway, and Hill Country attractions including parks, swimming holes, wineries and much more.
Visit Sweetwater where 9 leading homebuilders offer new homes priced from the high $200,000s to $1million and up. Use our convenient Homefinder feature to see available plans and homes ready for quick move-in.
Previous PostSweetwater schools get straight A’s in 2017 Children at Risk report
Older PostAustin Nabs Top Spot on U.S. News Best Places to Live List
Want More Information?
- 2022 (9)
- 2021 (15)
- 2020 (28)
- 2019 (75)
- 2018 (112)
- 2017 (62)
- 2016 (33)
- 2015 (20)
- 2014 (17)
- 2013 (11)
- 2012 (18)