11 May . 2018
Welcome to Active Adult Living in the Texas Hill Country
Whether you’re looking forward to a leisurely retirement or a rewarding postretirement “encore” career, the Texas Hill Country is a great place to explore.
Austin and Fredericksburg both landed on Forbes’ 25 Best Places to Retire List, after the publication crunched the data on 400 U.S. cities and scored them by factors such as overall cost of living, home prices in comparison to national averages, and tax climates for retirees.
Austin ranks an impressive No. 3 on the Forbes list, with pros including a “terrific economy, warm weather, cost of living at about the national average, low crime, and high grades for bicycling and volunteering.”
Within the Austin region, Sweetwater is a great community to discover when looking ahead to retirement.
With a location that’s aptly described as “where Austin meets the Hill Country,” Sweetwater offers the best of the city, such as healthcare and continuing education, combined with the natural beauty and adventures of the nearby Hill Country.
Here are 5 reasons to consider Sweetwater for this very special chapter of life:
- Sweetwater is close to Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Lakeway, a full-service, state-of-the-art medical center that’s part of Texas’ largest not-for-profit healthcare system.
- Sweetwater is also near lifelong learning opportunities from prestigious institutions including the University of Texas, the Austin Museum of Art and the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
- Forbes gives Austin a high grade for volunteering, and Sweetwater is close to opportunities for getting involved in schools, hospitals, parks and more. See our blog on volunteering.
- From swimming holes to hiking trails, the nearby Hill Country offers many active adventures.
- Sweetwater residents can find many opportunities for exercise, adventure and connections right in the community. See how our master plan devotes more than 700 acres of to parks, trails, natural open spaces and active amenities such as the 10-acre Sweetwater Club.
Previous PostCoventry, M/I Homes offer final opportunities in Sweetwater
Older PostSweetwater’s queen bees busy laying 1,000 eggs a day
Want More Information?
- 2023 (11)
- 2022 (9)
- 2021 (15)
- 2020 (28)
- 2019 (75)
- 2018 (112)
- 2017 (62)
- 2016 (33)
- 2015 (19)
- 2014 (17)
- 2013 (11)
- 2012 (18)