18 September . 2018
See these 6 creative out-of-sight storage ideas for today’s open floor plans
As open floor plans rise in popularity, smart storage solutions are another must-have feature for today’s homebuyers. After all, clutter is the last thing you want to see in your beautiful open kitchen and living spaces.
Homebuilders are listening to consumers are responding with creative storage solutions such as pocket offices and “everyday entries.” Here are 6 features that Sweetwater’s builders are offering to help homebuyers beat clutter and keep everything in its place:
- Dedicated walk-in pantries go hand-in-hand with today’s open kitchens, providing abundant storage for food as well as cooking and serving utensils. Utility rooms and kitchen islands are also getting bigger, providing even more storage capacity. Perry’s Plan 1950 model home includes all of these spaces.
- Whether you call it an everyday entry, family foyer or mud room, the enhanced garage entrance offered in many of today’s new homes makes it easy for everyone in the family to get out the door and organize their shoes, sports gear, backpacks and other objects. Pulte’s Nelson model home offers a great example of this convenient new trend.
- Builders are including extra storage space in garages, such as in Chesmar’s Ryder model home.
- Is there such a thing as too much closet space? Probably not, which is why homebuyers love walk-in closets in every bedroom. Westin’s Carter III model home has double walk-in closets in the owner’s suite, along with walk-in closets in the secondary bedrooms. Perry’s Plan 3435 model home has all of these storage perks, with an additional storage closet next to one of the bedrooms.
- Books, paperwork, and electronics and their accessories can create clutter fast, and designs like Chesmar’s Ryder offer pocket offices right off of the kitchen, with built-in desks and cabinets for out-of-sight storage.
Why waste valuable space under the stairs? From closets to wine storage spaces, builders are offering many ways to take advantage of this space. Pulte’s Nelson model offers options for utilizing this space, including a built-in desk or mini butler’s pantry that become part of the kitchen.
See video tours, 3D virtual tours and photo galleries of our fully furnished model homes in Sweetwater.
Previous PostLake Travis ISD ranks as No. 2 Best School District in Austin for 2019
Older PostPartner Profile: More than 50,000 pets and counting saved by Austin Pets Alive!
Want More Information?
- 2019 (8)
- 2018 (120)
- 2017 (63)
- 2016 (34)
- 2015 (21)
- 2014 (17)
- 2013 (11)
- 2012 (18)