02 October . 2018
Sweetwater builders offer technology that fits into the ways we live today
“It’s not actually about the technology itself, but about how it fits into our lives,” the president of a leading national homebuilder said in a recent interview with Builder magazine.
Pulte, one of the newest homebuilders in Sweetwater, offers a great case study in how builders are offering technology that makes our lives simpler, safer, more efficient and more enjoyable.
“The home of the future is here, giving our homeowners the ability to seamlessly control their lights, thermostat, security systems, appliances and more with just the touch of their cell phone or sound of their voice,” said Ryan Marshall, president and chief executive officer of PulteGroup.
“Hotels, cars, restaurants, offices, subways, airplanes and other places we visit are fully wired for our convenience,” he said. “Yet until now, most homes were not, often requiring a frustrating mix of patchwork solutions for those wanting to integrate technology into their home. Now, homeowners will have the flexibility and efficiency of a home that is wired and ready when they are.”
Every new Pulte home in Sweetwater is ready to connect with seamless WiFi reliability and increased bandwidth, thanks to built-in access points and direct wiring throughout the home. Built-in wiring and assured WiFi connectivity from anywhere in the home allows access to a full array of customizable products and features designed to run a smarter home.
“The homes we design are inspired by the consumer and tailored to how they live,” said Marshall.
“Maybe you have been flirting with Google or already have strong feelings for Alexa, we let you pick the roommate you want. We’re offering homebuyers the flexibility to choose the features and technology they value and that truly enhances their lifestyle without interfering in it. Whether it’s the base home that’s pre-wired and ready for anything, a home outfitted with selected options from a full suite of smart technologies, or going with full automation to bring the home to life—the choice is theirs.”
Studies have shown that smart home technology can reduce heating and cooling costs, improve home security and increase resale appeal, among other benefits. Moreover, recent survey data commissioned by PulteGroup shows that seven in 10 consumers believe having smart home technologies available in their home is important.
With their smart technology-enabled home, owners have the flexibility to choose offerings that work best for their lifestyle from nationally-recognized providers:
- Smart thermostats from Honeywell and NEST that can help to more efficiently heat and cool the home, while offering owners the ability to adjust the thermostat remotely.
- Remote garage door openers from LiftMaster that open and close garage doors remotely through a smartphone app.
- The latest advancements in application- and voice-enabled appliances from Whirlpool.
- Smart door locks from Schlage that can lock or unlock remotely.
- Smart entry lighting, smart switches and outlets from Leviton that allow homeowners to set the mood with just a tap of a finger to adjust lights via a smartphone app. The combination can provide greater overall security for the home.
- Doorbell audio cameras from Ring Wired Elite, so homeowners can see who is at the door before opening.
- Smart speakers, including Amazon Echo and Sonos, with voice control and crystal-clear sound for music, TV, movies, radio and more.
See all new Pulte homes offered at Sweetwater.
Previous PostAustin earns many kudos, including Best City for Millennials
Older PostThe Monarch butterflies are coming in October – here’s how you can help them
Want More Information?
- 2020 (8)
- 2019 (76)
- 2018 (120)
- 2017 (62)
- 2016 (34)
- 2015 (21)
- 2014 (17)
- 2013 (11)
- 2012 (18)