April 08, 2017
Sweetwater Wildflower Festival spotlights Austin Pets Alive!
For the second year, the Sweetwater Wildflower Festival will spotlight one of Austin’s most unique animal rescue groups, Austin Pets Alive!
Described as “not your average animal shelter,” Austin Pets Alive! maintains innovative programs designed to save the animals most at risk for euthanasia.
Along with fun, food and lots of wildflowers, you can meet some lovable, adoptable dogs from Austin Pets Alive at the 4th annual Sweetwater Wildflower Festival, this Saturday, April 8, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The location is Sweetwater, located on Highway 71, three miles west of Bee Cave Parkway.
Along with four-legged friends, there’ll be plenty for visitors of all ages to enjoy, including live music, food trucks, crafts and activities, and much more. Highlights include:
• Fun activities including bounce houses, a rock-climbing wall, face painting, caricatures and more.
• Demos including wildflower art, beekeeping, native plants and other natural topics.
• Live music from Echo’s Edge and the Sophia Johnson Band.
• A market area showcasing Round Rock Honey, Hill Country Olive Oil, Families in Nature and many other local vendors.
• Food trucks will include Emoji’s Grilled Cheese, Stoney’s Pizza, It’s All Good BBQ, Texas Chili Queens, Kona Ice and more.
A 1,400-acre community that devotes roughly half of its acreage to parks, trails and natural open spaces, Sweetwater is one of the best spots in the Hill Country to enjoy wildflowers – and this spring has brought a bumper crop of color.
Located in the highly regarded Lake Travis Independent School District, Sweetwater has acres of bluebonnets, Indian paintbrushes, primroses and other native species, seeded and nurtured in the community’s partnership with the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center.
The day’s fun will be centered around the Sweetwater Welcome Center and the Sweetwater Club, the hub of the community’s active social life.